Thursday, March 30, 2006

Completely Freaked

I'm sitting here with goosebumps.

About a month ago, my husband and I decided to take a four-day weekend trip to Savannah. My current book, WHERE THE GHOULS ARE, is set in Savannah, a large chunk of the story centering around a haunted house. The idea was that the hubby and I would relax, soak up some Southern charm, have some great food, maybe take a ghost tour, maybe get some ideas for rounding out the book. We decided to splurge a little and stay in a townhouse near the historic district, to really experience the atmosphere. In preparation for the trip, I ordered a map from one of the ghost tour sites.

Guess which house is on it?

Yes, Miss Spooky has landed herself in the middle of a haunted house! Again. (Yes, this happened once before, in a Maine bed & breakfast.) There's a picture of the townhouse right here in the brochure, and here's what it says: 'Interesting paranormal reports have come from this row of townhouses, which include poltergeist activity and cold spots.' Cold spots? Poltergeist activity? Nobody mentioned that when I made the reservations!

I may write about this stuff, but it creeps me out. Weird coincidence. It's too late the cancel the reservations.

Creepy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about all those haunted hotels on the travel channel? I thought they attracted lots of guests who want to be scared. Come on...be brave. What's a little wispy shadow when your husband is there with you?

Terri Garey said...

Yep, I'm a wimp. :-) My husband finds it hilarious that I write about scary stuff and yet I'm so nervous at the possibility of anything actually happening!

I tell him, "Honey, it's because I believe stuff actually does happen that I'm so scared."

Anonymous said...

I will only say that I have officially changed your nickname from Spooky to SCAREDY. I'm telling you now, if there are initials carved in the window sill, you run. Then write about it and I'll read it with all the lights on!