Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Throw Me Some Beads!

Captain America and I went to the Gasparilla Parade this weekend (along with 400,000 others), and cleaned up in the bead department. This picture was taken early on, but you can see how even a camera pointed in my direction doesn't deter me from my quest for beads... I'm looking upward and lifting my arm to snag any beads being thrown in our direction. :) What you can't see is the water behind me (the parade is held along Bayshore Blvd.) or the colorful floats, the beautiful weather or the many, many people who turned out for a day of fun. My sister took this photo with her cellphone, and my husband took a lot of others, but Sis managed to hit "delete all" before uploading the rest. *sigh*

Captain America was particularly proud that the very first beads he caught were right up his patriotic little alley... here's a closeup in case you can't see them. We had a great time, lunging for trinkets, laughing and people watching, then we walked home and took a late afternoon nap. :)

3 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Terri,

Looks like you all had a great time! And that's a fantastic picture for a cellphone camera--so sharp. :-)

M.

P.S. How's THE WITCHERY? Any good?

MC

Terri Garey said...

Hi Michele! I'm sad to say that I'm finding THE WITCHERY a bit slow. I don't know if you've read the first two books in this series, THE BOOK OF SPIRITS and THE BOOK OF SHADOWS, but they were both better than this one. :)

Anonymous said...

diabetes feline