Wednesday, January 02, 2008

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation

I can't believe how quickly the month of December passed! In addition to the normal Christmas hubbub (shopping, wrapping, decorating, Christmas cards, cooking, entertaining and holiday parties), December was full of personal things: a couple of family birthdays, a brand-new baby nephew, out-of-town family members in town for the holiday, a CT scan and MRI of the brain...

Yes, I had a personal health scare this month - three sudden, severe headaches at the base of my skull, the last of which landed me in the emergency room at my local hospital. After two different brain scans, the good news is I DON'T have a aneurysm or a brain tumor (lovely words to be able to write), but I do apparently have some cervical issues with my neck. Physical therapy three times a week and regular massages should take care of it, I'm told. (Darn! I have to go get massages! Poor me!) LOL

So I'm feeling pretty fortunate as I go into the New Year. I have my health, I have my family, and I have two books coming out in 2008. Now I just need to get to work on the current work-in-progress, which is coming along quite nicely.

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: