Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I've Been Tagged, or Seven Silly Facts You Never Wanted To Know But I'm Going To Tell You Anyway

Jenna Mayson , daily blogging sex kitten that she is, has tagged me. (Hey, look at the picture - I'm not sure which hunk this is, but I guarantee he finds kissing the lovely Jenna to be no hardship!)

What this means (to me, anyway... I'm not talking about the hunk anymore. Focus.... focus!) is that I'm now required to follow the official Rules O' Tagging, which are:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Leave a comment on their blog, so their readers can visit you.
3) Post the rules on your blog.
4) Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
5) Tag 7 random people at the end of your blog.
6) Include links to their blogs and let each of them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Seven random and/or weird facts? Ok, let's go:

1) I once lived in a house that turned out to be haunted. Notice that I didn't say "a house rumored to be" haunted. If I'd heard any rumor about what happened in that house before we moved in, you can bet your bottom dollar we'd NEVER have moved there. It was only AFTER we'd had some strange experiences in the house (which led me to talk to the neighbors) that we found out it had been the scene of a murder/suicide. Ummm... we moved. Luckily, we were only renting.

2) My given name is Terri, but most of my family (and my husband) call me by my childhood nickname, which is Ted. Yes, Ted.. or Teddi, depending on the person. Only one of my sisters refuses, because she says "Ted Garey sounds like a golf pro." And you know what? She's right! :-)

3) I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. (Yes, I really can.)

4) I'm practically a vegetarian. Chicken, fish, fruit, vegetables and grains - red meat once or twice a year, tops.

5) When my husband and I are in the car together, I'm usually the one driving. Why? Because I am the worst back seat driver EVER ("Turn here! Put your blinker on! Slow down! Speed up!"), so for the sake of our marriage and my husband's sanity, he now just hands me the keys. :-) Needless to say, he's the one who taught the kids to drive, so they wouldn't be traumatized by Mom's white-knuckled shrieks, poor things. LOL

6) I survived a ruptured appendix a few years ago, but barely. I was in the hospital for three days (in agony, btw), until they did exploratory surgery and found the problem. Apparently, I had an abnormally long appendix that had become entwined (and partially hidden by) my intestines, so normal ultrasounds and scans didn't see the problem until they went in. Yay, me! I always knew I was a little twisted, and my body apparently agreed!

7) I've had Lasik surgery twice, and it didn't work either time, dangit!! I am now forever banned from trying it again because of the risk of corneal scarring.

8) I once had a torrid love affair with Hugh Jackman. It happened in NYC at Christmastime... I'd gone to see him in a play on Broadway and waited outside the stage door afterward. He came out into a light snowfall, dark hair falling into his dreamy brown eyes, took one look at me and...

Oh, wait. That's eight things, isn't it? Sorry to run on like that! I guess my star-crossed love story will have to wait for another day. *sigh*

Now, who shall I tag? I'm thinking Stacey, Lisa, Tawny, Leslie, Tammy, Pam H., and Kate. Off to say, "Tag, you're it!"

No comments: