Friday, January 11, 2008

The Open Book Club

I'm way behind on my official "Thank you!" to the wonderful women of the Open Book Club, who hosted me last week as their guest author. Carol, Carol and Carroll, Sydney, Eileen, Amy and Candi (did I miss anybody?)are a great group, and I SO enjoyed talking with them about plotting, storylines, character development, underlying themes and the writing process itself. It was both gratifying and flattering to be among of bunch of highly intelligent, personable women who love what you do. One of my favorite parts of the evening was when one of the Carols :) read aloud a passage she'd marked as something she'd particularly enjoyed (a treat, she called it)... it was strangely surreal to hear my own words read back to me like that.

Anyway, a big Thank You to a great group of ladies!

No comments: