Saturday, March 07, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!

Seventeen years ago today, I married the man of my dreams. (Well, technically that's not true, because I'd given up on dreaming about the perfect man - which is when he showed up!)

As sappy as this sounds, I'm more in love with him now than I was when I married him, because he's proven to me, over and over again, that we're truly in this thing together. No matter what life throws at us, we deal with it. When life hands us lemons, we make lemonade. When one of us feels like crying, the other one makes us laugh. When one of us is sick, the other one takes care of us. When one of us feels like pulling our hair out, the other one gently removes our hand and holds it.

We've got our stupid little inside jokes that nobody would ever understand (most of them involving monkeys and sometimes aliens, toilet paper, and ridiculous pet names) and every single day, as soon as he comes home from work, we unwind with a glass of wine and talk about our day. Seventeen years, and we've yet to run out of things to talk about!

Oh, and he made me breakfast this morning, as he does many mornings. We won't be going out tonight, because we have a family function to attend, but we don't need to. I like to think we show each other how much we love each other every day.

So here's to marriage: When it's good, it's pretty darn good! I hope yours is good, too.

No comments: