Saturday, April 10, 2010

Devil Without a Cause

The first book in the Devil's Bargain series is now in the hands of my editor, and it has a new title: DEVIL WITHOUT A CAUSE. (No, this IS NOT the actual cover - it was done by a friend - but it's SO funny, isn't it?)

This particular title fits the book on so many levels - a misunderstood loner, rebelling against what's expected of him, taking on the world with his own version of right vs. wrong.

So what if he just happens to be the Devil himself, hm? :-)

(I must admit, there's even a resemblance between Sammy (Satan) Divine and James Dean!)

Sammy's not the only bad boy is this book. He goes head-to-head with his old friend, the Archangel Gabriel, and a more recent acquaintance named Finn Payne, who sold his soul for rock-n-roll.

Finn's had a long and very successful career, and Sammy's tired of waiting to collect on his end of the bargain. In DEVIL WITHOUT A CAUSE, he uses an unsuspecting young woman named Faith to tempt Finn to his doom, much as he feels he was tempted by Eve in those long ago days of the Garden of Eden. It's a twisted tale of love, forgiveness and redemption, and if I told you more than that... well, let's just say I want you to READ it to find out what happens!

I promise to post an excerpt as soon as my editor gives me the go-ahead, which should be soon. In the meantime, patience is a virtue, or so I'm told!

(Sammy would definitely disagree, but who you gonna listen to -- an angel, or a devil?)

5 comments:

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

Ummmmm Sammie, I can't wait !!!

Anonymous said...

Make the book company hurry up and print it so we can buy it.

Terri Garey said...

It should be out the week after Christmas, or so I'm told. Maybe we'll get lucky, and the publisher will move it up. :-)

JHitt said...

Terri, you know I can't wait!! Awesome! J.Hitt

Terri Garey said...

Thanks, Jennifer - I think you'll enjoy how Sammy raises a little Hell in this one. :-)