Monday, June 07, 2010

Upcoming Signings and Events

The year's half over, and the busiest part of it lies ahead, at least for me.  I've got some conferences coming up, and if you're anywhere in the area while they're going on, please stop by and see me!

In July, I'll be in Denver for the RomCon Conference, a three-day readers/writers extravaganza hosted by Borders Books, which takes place July 9-11th.  I'll be signing books, chatting with readers, participate in reader roundtables and various Q&A sessions, plus taking part in various delightful silliness such as "Speed Date An Author".  Before the conference, I'll be spending a few days exploring the Rocky Mountains, hiking and white-water rafting (woohoo!).

Home for two weeks, then it's time for the annual Romance Writers of America Convention, being held  in Orlando, FL July 28-31st at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel (yep, I'm going to Disney World!). This conference is the biggie of the industry: workshops, meetings, multiple booksignings, meetings with agents, editors and other industry professionals, and the ever-popular RITA and Golden Heart Awards. (Can't wait to see who wins this year!)

While I'm there, I'll be participating in a panel called "Why Be Normal When You Can Be Paranormal?: The Ongoing Appeal of Books That Go Bump In the Night" with best-selling paranormal romance/urban fantasy authors Jeaniene Frost, Kelley Armstrong, Joss Ware, Pamela Palmer and C.L. Wilson.

I'll also be signing books on Wednesday, July 28 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm at the "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing, which is open to the public, and signing again on Friday, July 30 from 9:45 - 11:15pm at the Avon Book Signing.

In October, I'll be attending yet another conference, Necronomicon 2010, a science fiction, fantasy and horror convention being held in St. Petersburg, FL, Oct. 22 – 24th. I've never attended a conference like this one before, but it promises to be fun: panels, workshops, costume parties and ghoulishly themed get-togethers like the Eye Scream Social, a Scavenger Hunt, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog.  Sounds right up my spooky little alley, doesn't it?
 
Anyway, I'll be doing quick updates on Facebook and Twitter during all three conferences, so if you're in the area, give me a Tweet!

1 comment:

Sharon S. said...

sounds like a great time! Seeing the Rockies is on my short list . White-water rafting, not so much. The Disney trip would be a blast for any fan. So many of the SNU authors in one place. Must get a group pic! Can't wait to hear all the details.